This programme will develop core skills central to managing people at work and enable managers to make a more effective contribution to the organisation.
At the end of the programme participants will:
- Understand and appreciate the full extent and importance of their role in managing people
- Improve interpersonal skills to enable them to deal more effectively with people at all levels within the organisation and act with greater confidence
- Acquire the key tools for managing people through a practical approach to skills development in such areas as motivation, managing problem behaviours, counselling, assertiveness and negotiations
- Develop an appreciation of grievance and disciplinary procedures and improve effectiveness in handling issues in these areas
- Gain an overview of the key areas of employment legislation and become more confident when dealing with relating queries
This programme is for:
Managers, supervisors and those preparing for promotion into a managerial role.
Ibec Academy has designed this programme to suit the needs of managers within organisations. All presenters on the programme are practitioners who deal with a variety of real life situations on a daily basis. Participants are encouraged to express their views and experiences. Case studies and exercises are going to be used to ensure a real and practical understanding of each subject. Participants will practise all techniques taught on the programme.
Introduction to Leadership
- Styles of leadership
- Your style
- Situational leadership
- Managing versus Leading
- Your personal style
- Get your message across
- Interpersonal skills
- What are the skills?
- Listening, body language, questioning
- Developing key skills
- An overview
- Implications for managers
- Preparing for negotiations
- Skills development
- Practice/ role play
- Good practice
- Fair procedures
- Handling grievances
- Industrial Relations Institutions
- What they are – how they work
Feedback and Conflict
- Understanding behaviour and motivation
- Feedback techniques
- A practical approach and action planning
- Discipline and Dismissals
- Practice and procedures
- Handling disciplinary matters
- Main provisions and implications
- Employment of staff
- Interviewing behavioural approach practice
- Assertiveness or aggressive and non-assertive behaviour
- Dealing with conflict
Collaborating since 2008 to deliver pragmatic education to support careers and organisational development
Matthew brings extensive knowledge and industry experience to Ibec. After many years in operational management, Matthew decided to specialise in learning and development. He has worked with Ibec since 2007 and has earned an enviable reputation with our clients, delivering development programmes and initiatives that add real value to both the organisation and the individuals themselves.
Matthew is particularly strong on challenging clients to look at themselves in a situation and their way of thinking. He has an ability to identify and ask those key question that bring about new ways of looking at a situation and breakthrough results.
If you have any questions about our programmes, or need help choosing the right programme for you, contact us today...