Are you minding your business? This workshop will provide an understanding of the true meaning of corporate governance, its scope, significant benefits and consequences of not getting it right.
At the end of the programme participants will:
- Be equipped with the tools, frameworks and resources to re-evaluate corporate governance
- Have considered if their business is positioned for long-term profitability
- Understand how to identify the gaps and make changes in their business
This programme is for:
Owners, directors and senior managers who need to understand more about the corporate governance area.
The programme aims to be interactive, combining theory with practical examples and providing plenty opportunity to share and discuss challenges and issues of relevance to your business.
Understanding corporate governance
- The context, evolution and meaning of corporate governance
- The director and the law - legal and regulatory framework
- Who are the directors? Duties and liabilities
- Boundary tensions – the roles of direction, management and ownership
- The board’s role in corporate governance
- Board structure and composition factors
- Effective boards – what do they do and what do they look like?
- Corporate governance codes – international influences
- Dos and don'ts as a director – how to protect yourself
- Effective board meetings and board evaluation – why boards fail
- Stories from the frontline - director dilemmas and corporate governance failures