This programme is designed to assist managers with performance appraisals and the performance management process. Participants will learn the necessary skills to carry out this management function efficiently.
At the end of the programme participants will:
- Understand the components of an effective appraisal system
- Implement the core elements of practical appraisal documentation
- Know how to conduct an appraisal interview and the effective management of each element
- Develop the key skills needed to run an appraisal interview with a range of people performing at different levels
This programme is for:
Managers required to carry out performance appraisals and manage the performance of their teams.
The programme runs over a full day with a number of activities and case studies to ensure that the key knowledge and skills are practised.
- Elements of effective performance management systems
- Where does the appraisals system fit within this?
- Best practice in this field; what do the best companies do?
- Documentation; what should be in or out?
- Structuring the interview
- Develop your skills
- Managing conflict
- Influencing others
- Different communication styles
- Role play and feedback
- Action planning; what will I apply now?
John delivers training on various aspects of Management, including Foundations in Management, Managing People, Performance Management, Managing Conflict and Time Management. Having over 25 years of management experience at a senior level in industry, John brings this knowledge and experience to the classroom in the delivery of courses.
John holds a Bachelors in Business Studies from Trinity College, and a Professional Practice Certificate in Training & Development from IIDT. John has a Strong analytical style with methodical, dedicated and result orientated approach.