This programme will provide managers with an overview of their roles and responsibilities for the day-to-day practical concerns of integrating H&S with operational management within their workplace.
At the end of the programme participants will:
- Understand the principles and requirements of key health and safety legislation
- Comprehend the principles of hazard identification and risk assessment
- Identify the key elements and techniques ensuring the co-operation of all staff on health and safety
- Understand the benefits, techniques and principles of controlling safety issues and arrangements
- Recognise the benefits, techniques and principles of safety-performance monitoring
- Appreciate the principles of accident management
This programme is for:
Line managers or those with a similar responsibility for employees under their direct control.
The programme facilitates participant discussion to ensure a thorough understanding of the key points and their application. Real life case studies and exercises will be used to ensure a real practical understanding of each topic.
- Why Manage Health and Safety?
- Safety Management Systems
- Safety Statement
- Implementing and Managing Safety
Duties of Employer and Manager
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application Regulations 2007)
- Risk Assessment and Controlling Risks
- Communication and Consultation
- Communication Skills
- Accident Causation & Accident Investigation
Sean has been involved in Occupational Health & Safety for 15 Years in various different capacities including as programme Director with Ibec Academy.
With a Higher Diploma in Safety & Health at Work from UCD, Sean has consulted with many high profile customers on important projects such as training course design, claims management, hazard identification and risk reduction. Sean is also an experienced Food Safety consultant, First Aid, Fire Safety and Manual Handling Instructor.
If you have any questions about our programmes, or need help choosing the right programme for you, contact us today...