The Safety Officer and Coordinator Course provides an entry-level awareness course for those new to the coordination of health and safety.
At the end of the programme participants will:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of their organisations safety statement
- Identify the core contents, arrangements, resources, roles and responsibilities required to manage health and safety
- Identify the necessary policies and administrative controls required to manage their health and safety risks
- Coordinate the completion of risk assessments of work activities
- Identify common hazards and risks in the workplace
- Identify sources of guidance and advice on health and safety
- Coordinate the investigation of accidents, prepare reports
This programme is for:
Those who have recently been assigned coordination of health and safety as part of their existing role within the organisation, in particular HR officers/advisors, managers, supervisors or employees new to occupational health and safety.
The programme runs over 3 consecutive days. There are a number of activities and case studies as part of the course to ensure that the key knowledge and skills are practiced.
- Irish Safety and Health Legal System
- Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005
- General Application Regulations 2007
- Fire Services Act 1981 & 2003
- Role of the Safety Officer
- Safety Representative and Employee Rights
- Safety Statement
- Identifying Hazards
- Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling
- Display Screen Equipment
- Communication and Consultation
- Stress, Bullying and Harassment Policies
- Pregnant Employees
- Role of the Health & Safety Authority
- Sources of Information
- Co-ordinating Safety
- Inspections and monitoring
- Accident Investigation
Sean has been involved in Occupational Health & Safety for 15 Years in various different capacities including as Programme Director with Ibec Academy.
With a Higher Diploma in Safety & Health at Work from UCD, Sean has consulted with many high profile customers on important projects such as training course design, claims management, hazard identification and risk reduction. Sean is also an experienced Food Safety consultant, First Aid, Fire Safety and Manual Handling Instructor.